RocketPlan is a Vancouver based, B2B, SaaS (Software as Service), mobile first company. We build innovative digital solutions for restoration professionals, and plan on elevating the industry to a new standard with our products.
We are committed to our clients and to one another. Our culture is one of support, learning and growing; in our roles, careers and goals.
What we are looking for
● You are a passionate, innovative, critical thinker and storyteller. ● Multitasker who understands how to balance UX practices with beautiful UI implementation. ● You are collaborative and capable of working with other designers, product managers, developers and other relevant stakeholders. ● A natural leader and mentor that is keen on sharing knowledge and empowering your team. ● Proactive and constantly looking for ways to improve products, processes and methods. ● Agile, adaptable, a forever student, communicative and a design advocate.
● Conduct user research ( qualitative, quantitative, usability tests, competitive analysis, jobs to be done, personas, user segmentation) ● Collaborate with a multidisciplinary teams to plan and build intuitive solutions according to UX and product development best practices (IA, user flows, user stories, use cases, KPIs, Success metrics) ● Produce iteratively low-fi wireframes to hi-fi mockups and prototypes. ● Present solutions to complex ideas in an easy to understand manner. ● Facilitate design- dev handoff while streamlining communication. ● Help standardize our design language and build our design system. ● Contribute to design documentation, improving design processes and expanding our design knowledge base. ● Define product success metrics goals and set strategy to achieving set goals.
● 5+ years of professional experience. ● Proven track record of successful projects completion. ● Data-driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform design decisions. ● Excellent working knowledge of UX/UI principles and methods (design thinking, human-centric, design sprint, agile and lean methodologies). ● Solid grasp of mobile first, iOS, Android and Web design principles. ● Iterative, customer-centric exploration of problems and solutions. ● Proficient in Figma and Adobe cloud. ● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Understanding of development principles (frontend, backend) ● Previous experience with SaaS and B2B products ● Understanding of accessibility principles
What you must have
● Willing to work remotely ● Live in Canada (We are tentatively open to US candidates) ● Ability to be on video chat daily
When Applying Please Include the Following
● A portfolio of projects you have worked on ● Resume ● A cover letter letting us know why you want to join our team
How we interview
● We review your resume, and if we determine there is a match to the role, we will organize a video interview ● During the interview(s) we will look to learn about your UI/UX mindset and experience ● The Rocket Plan team will assess the interview, salary expectations and will determine if you are a fit
We want to keep the process as quick and painless as possible for both sides. We enjoy mutual conversations and since this is a technical design role, please be prepared to do a deep dive into the technology design you have worked on.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. RocketPlan provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our Core Values
Our team is constantly improving, and finding new and better ways to accomplish things.
Being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to principles and values
At RocketPlan we believe we can accomplish more together than apart. The more ideas, the better.
RocketPlan encourages a strong sense of curiosity. This goes hand-in-hand with innovation and finding the best way to do things.
The pursuit of creating the best product for our customers, with the best experience is something that the RocketPlan team is unyielding in.
Restoration is synonymous with chaos; professionals in the industry are used to it. RocketPlan aims to decrease the amount of stress involved for stakeholders, streamline all the paperwork for restoration companies, and decrease the amount of time wasted by everyone.
RocketPlan will ultimately decrease costs, give back time, and drive higher profitability.